Loan Highlights and benefits
- Education and counseling: Many first-time homebuyer programs require borrowers to complete homebuyer education or counseling, which can help them better understand the homebuying process, improve their financial literacy, and make more informed decisions about their home purchase.
- Eligibility requirements: First-time homebuyer programs may have more lenient eligibility requirements than traditional mortgage loans, which can make it easier for borrowers to qualify for a loan.
- Down payment assistance: Many first-time homebuyer programs offer down payment assistance, which can help reduce the upfront costs of purchasing a home. This can be particularly beneficial for borrowers who have limited savings or who are struggling to come up with a large down payment.
- Lower interest rates: Some first-time homebuyer programs offer lower interest rates than traditional mortgage loans, which can help borrowers save money over the life of the loan.
- Forgivable loans: Some first-time homebuyer programs offer forgivable loans, which means that the borrower does not have to repay the loan if they meet certain conditions, such as living in the home for a certain number of years. This can provide borrowers with additional financial assistance and help make homeownership more affordable.